• Show Printable Version
    • Subscribe to this Thread…
  • Display
    • Switch to Hybrid Mode
    • Switch to Threaded Mode
    apples is offlineSenior Member

Default Greenscreen drop down not working

Hi,

I've just moved to version 3.5 from an old version (2.1?), so this is my first experience with the new Hue/Saturation greenscreen.

When I click 'enable greenscreen' I find it impossible to use the drop down menu - it just quickly flickers and is so quick that it is impossible to click on RGB greenscreen.

Unfortunately I find it impossible to use the new hue/saturation method as I can't get the background image behind at all, I get it very badly on the liveview but it is non existant on the photos - so I do need to use the old method - but can't get to it on the drop-down.

Of course my next event is a greenscreen event . . .

Any suggestions? I've checked the help files and tried everything in there, but they assume that I can click on the drop down . . . by the way I've tried using the actual lap-top key-board, the touch-screen and an external key-board, but the drop down just flickers with no chance of pressing.

I'm using Win 8.10
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

Chris Breeze is offlineAdministrator

We haven't had any reports of problems with the dropdown list in the green screen settings dialog. I've just tested it on my computer and it works correctly.

You can change the setting manually by exiting DSLR Remote Pro and changing the following registry value to 1:
    HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\BreezeSystems\DSLRRemot ePro\100\GreenScreenRGBAlgorithm

QuoteOriginally Posted by Chris Breeze View Post
    We haven't had any reports of problems with the dropdown list in the green screen settings dialog. I've just tested it on my computer and it works correctly.

You can change the setting manually by exiting DSLR Remote Pro and changing the following registry value to 1:
    HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\BreezeSystems\DSLRRemot ePro\100\GreenScreenRGBAlgorithm

OK I tried again, after the computer was turned off etc - as I was trying last time after just uploading the 3.5v - anyway, the drop down still doesn't work . . .

Before I change the registry value and go back to the old RGB method can you explain more on the hue/saturation method? Do I still need the green curtain? I've fiddled with it a bit, with a black curtain, and I can get the greenscreen image to start to appear on the livescreen, although not very well, but as soon as the flash goes it does not appear on the photos at all - are others using this method in an enclosed booth? If so, what settings are they using on the sliders?

If I can get the hue/saturation to work then I'm happy to use it, just need some guidance,

thanks

Chris Breeze is offlineAdministrator

Are you using the latest version? When the hue/saturation method was first added it didn't have a drop down list to select the RGB green screen and blue screen methods.

QuoteOriginally Posted by Chris Breeze View Post
    Are you using the latest version? When the hue/saturation method was first added it didn't have a drop down list to select the RGB green screen and blue screen methods.
    I'm using V3.5 I see there is now V3.5.1, I'll download this next week and re-test.